Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quarterly Update #3

Can you believe the year is 3/4 finished? Every year, it goes faster and faster. Thankfully as a Christian, it's exciting to be getting closer and closer to heaven.

It's time for my last quarterly update for the year. Click here for my previous update.

Goal #1 - Read 16 books
  • Well, I made it to 20 so far. I think I'm getting extra credit. It's amazing to think how much God has changed me so that I like reading. I've noticed in the summer months I slow down with all of the summer projects. But with the cold weather approaching, I think I'll be reading more soon.
Goal #2 - Run the KC Half-Marathon in under 2 hours
  • I ran 12.5 miles 2 weeks ago. I ran a 7:14 mile on Saturday. I'm not exactly in as great shape as I was about 4 weeks ago, but I think I can do it. The race is this SATURDAY! Can you tell I'm excited?
Goal #3 - Read through the Bible
  • I'm about 20 days ahead of schedule. I'm in the middle of Jeremiah and just finished 2 Timothy. Jeremiah is a really emotionally difficult book to read. The judgment and pain of God for His harlot and rebellious child Israel is tough to swallow. God's holy love for us is so deep.
Goal #4 - Memorize 12 new Bible passages
  • After cruising through several proverbs, I'm hitting a big chunk in Colossians. I like the variety of memorizing different types of biblical literature. It keeps things very fresh. I'm already looking ahead to next year though I'm wondering - should I try and memorize a book of the Bible or possibly some verses related to the character of God? I haven't memorized a book of the Bible in a long time yet I want to always grow in my understanding of the greatness of God. Too many options, not enough brain power...
I love my goals this year. They have really helped me to stay disciplined and focused all year. It's exciting to think that the Lee Family Retreat is coming up soon too.

No comments: