Thursday, October 7, 2010

Minneapolis is fun!

I thought the conference would be great and it totally exceeded even those high expectations. But I was very pleasantly surprised at how much there is to Minneapolis, which I wasn't expecting. I love big cities and so it was fun to be smack dab in the middle of a lively downtown for several days.



My personal feeling is that if I'm going to eat out, it might as well be good! I see no point in spending money on food that can be made just as well, if not better at home easily. So, knowing that we'd have no choice but to eat out during the conference I did a little homework on where we might want to indulge our appetites. I was very happy with most all of our eatery selections which included lots of stuff we can't get in Emporia including, Japanese, Vietnamese, Cuban and very "gourmet" type foods. This was a tasty Cuban hash with perfectly cooked plantains, one of Peter's favorite things.One of the very fun surprises was running into old friends Brett and Vaness Craycraft, from our church in CA, and catching up with their lives and vice versa. Since we've moved, they also moved to Chicago, so there was much to catch up on.

We also got to enjoy the conference and build our friendship with the Autreys from Flint Hills. I LIKE them!
Seeing some authors that we have read and really been blessed by was pretty neat. Randy Alcorn signing our "Treasure Principle" book.

There was much more that I would've liked to explore and see in MN, but we didn't have time. I think I'd actually be willing to go there again just to see the sights. We didn't even hit the Mall of America! I think we'll be revisiting there someday... Thank you Lord for a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Minneapolis is suppose to also have a huge design community... And how come you still look 19 in your pictures!