Friday, September 23, 2011

Moving sale

Wow. This is our first ever garage / moving sale, and I had no idea how popular these things are!These things are like honey to bees. The minute we started putting things out, literally - the minute, people started stopping and buying. It was amazing! We haven't even officially opened for business - that's 3pm - but we've already sold more than $300 worth of stuff. This is 4 families worth of stuff though so we do have quite a bit.Going into this sale, I thought - man, I just want to get rid of everything we possibly can. I don't care if we even make a buck. But it's amazing how much greed I have in my heart. As soon as we started selling stuff, I started wondering how much more we could have gotten if we had just asked for a little more. Why didn't I put the price at a $1 more? Man, I am such a vile sinner.We are well equipped with high tech, roving, battle axe wielding security...just in case, you know, vikings attack or something.Security is always playing cards and eating, right?

No comments: