Monday, July 5, 2010

It's raining

As usual, after dinner tonight, I loaded up the dishwasher and started it up. However, an electrical smoky odor came out of the dishwasher. Last night, Andrew and I noticed the same smell about halfway through the dishwasher cycle. The smoky smell stopped, and it worked fine then. Since nothing came of it, I had completely forgotten about it.

Tonight though, it seemed like the water wasn't running. I hoped that maybe it would work again and then I'd definitely call a repairman tomorrow. I watched the dishwasher for awhile to make sure it didn't blow up and at times it seemed like it was working fine. The smoke smell was gone so I thought, at worst, it's doing nothing. I went to wash up the boys and girl and get them ready for bed.

Matt was all ready for bed, and I sent him downstairs for our family Bible time. Then I noticed that the dishwasher was leaking water onto the kitchen floor. It wasn't much so I grabbed a towel and started mopping it up. I turned off the dishwasher which was full of water. Then I hear Matt yelling for me.

Matt: "Dad! Come quick! It's raining down here!"

To our surprise, our laundry room which also held Sandy's craft supplies and a bunch of our kitchen and bath storage was literally raining down from the ceiling. I thought about taking a picture or a little video for the blog, but I really needed to figure out how to stop the leaking and dry things up. Sorry, maybe next time. :)

Needless to say, it was an exciting evening at the Lee household. The boys and girl were very excited about all the hub-bub. Sandy and I, not so much. But God is good. In His sovereign grace, He just reminded us again how temporary all of our worldly possessions are. Kleenex, paper towels and possibly even are dishwasher can be here one moment and gone the next.

As Emery was leaving for bed, she said, "I sure hope that doesn't happen again...but it did." True. And on a completely unrelated note, here's Emery exercising!

No comments: