Monday, July 26, 2010

#16 - Half-Marathon: You Can Do It

I recently finished Half-Marathon: You can Do it! by Jeff Galloway.
And now I know, I can do it. One of my goals is to finish the KC Half-Marathon which is 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours. I have 11 weeks to go. I just ran 5 miles this past Saturday. It was only 89 degrees with about 99.9% humidity when I finished. I got going a little too late in the morning that day.

There is absolutely no reason to read this book. Unless, you are planning to run a half-marathon. In which case, this book is fabulous. I have my plan. I am on schedule. And I can do it.

After 2 years of slowly getting into shape (which was preceded by my first 6 years of being a father where I lost all semblance of fitness), I am probably in the best shape of the last 10 years or more. My weight is right around 150 pounds which is the lowest it's been since around my college days. I am wasting away!

This is also a milestone because I hit my reading goal for the year and it's only July. I think I'll beat my record of 19 books read last year without any problems this year. I can do it.

No comments: