Thursday, November 10, 2011

The tooth fairy

The tooth fairy came for a visit last night. Matt lost his first tooth! He's been very leery of pulling it himself or having anyone else pull it. But it's been so lose that it was literally horizontal. So last night, his grandpa offered to pull it out with his pain-free "magic touch."

At first, Matt was very hesitant. But he wanted it out so bad that he couldn't resist. Grandpa told him to close his eyes and then, ta-da! It was out and pain free to boot. Emery was the most excited of them all - screaming and running around the house. Matt, as you can tell, wasn't quite as expressive. I've been very happy at how well Matt has adjusted to our new life here. He was the most resistant to moving originally. He's never been in a school before and academics have not been his strength to this point. But he has really shown a maturity and responsibility that I didn't know he had. He comes home and informs us of tests and assignments that he has to do. He wants to do well and puts in the extra time to make that happen.

He's even quite popular in his class. There's only 1 other boy in his class of 6 or so kids. We asked him if he played with that boy:
Matt: Nah. He doesn't try to play with me.
Our response: Well then you should try and play with him.
Matt: I can't. Everyone else wants me to play with them. They're always telling me to play this or do that. So I don't have time.

Oh, who knew? But I saw him playing catch with that boy later on in the week at recess so I guess his celebrity status has died down. Phew.

No comments: