Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our neighborhood

We live in the city limits of ABQ. Our street is not too busy, but it clearly feels like a city. But thankfully, we live right near the only water in the area - the Rio Grande. It means big river in Spanish. Having seen the Missouri, Mississippi and Susquehanna rivers just to name a few, I was expecting a BIG river.I was a bit surprised when I first saw the Rio Grande. As you can see in the background, in a few spots, it's more like a big creek.But in other places it gets pretty grande.I have yet to go jogging here, but Sandy and her parents walked on this trail right near our house that goes right along the Rio Grande. I think the trail is pretty extensive. I foresee saw marathon training happening here eventually.I really appreciate being able to see the Sandia Mountains almost everywhere you go in ABQ. Our elevation is about 5,000 feet and the mountains go up to 10,000 or so. I eat breakfast every morning and see them when I look out our window. What a beautiful testimony to the majesty and greatness of God.

No comments: