Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary Part 2

I managed to scan a couple of our wedding photos in quicker than I thought. Here's the original:This is my favorite wedding picture.And here's us in the same spot 10 years older and 3 kids later. Wow! Where did all my hair go?!Here's another original.Notice how timeless and beautiful my wife looks! I know, I married well.

Another facet of the Lee Family Retreat is evaluating how we are doing as husband and wife, spiritual leader and helper. I've always thought my wife is great, but this past year, she showed again how "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised" (Proverbs 31:30).

Not only does she manage our home, take care of 3 young children, home school and train them in biblical instruction, provide warm hospitality to many a guest (and there were many this year), serve many ladies in the church during the week, serve faithfully in several areas in our children's ministry, cook fabulous meals for our family, do all of this on a tight budget, but she's also my biggest source of encouragement, advice and help in all of my ministry.

I'll let you in on a little secret - it's not all glory being an Equipping Pastor. :) Occasionally, I run into conflict and complaints. But Sandy has been such an encouragement, provider of godly wisdom and source of strength during the tough times. She has truly been a woman that deserves her husband's praise.

1 comment:

dustin sauder said...

the hair loss is probably a direct result from that nasty juice drink you used to mix up and drink holding your nose!