Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dinner Conversation

Wow, I'm off to a good blogging start to the new year. 2 in 1 day! We had interesting conversation over dinner with the kids tonight.

Andrew: "My favorite foods are: shrimp, bacon, fish cake, ha-ja-bee's meat (galbi) and his crab and lobster!" We said, "Wow, high culinary tastes for a little boy." Then Matt had to of course tell us what his favorite foods are.
Matt: "My favorite foods are tomatoes, tangerines, oranges, yogurt and milk. Oh yeah, and bacon." I'm pretty sure he just threw in the bacon to be like Andrew. He's my little vegetarian. He's not kidding about his love for tomatoes and tangerines. At dinner after he finished his quesadilla he started DRINKING his left over salsa which I had in a separate little bowl for him. Then for dessert, he turned down chocolate fudge for a tangerine. At least he'll always be regular. :)

Then Matt asks: Are we real?
Dad: Who?
Matt: Us. All of us! (pointing at the family)
Dad: Yes.
Matt: Oh. Is Satan real too?
Dad: Yes.
Matt: Oh.

Sometimes I have to wonder what is going on in that little brain of his. Then the conversation got theological.

Emery: Will Jesus ever visit the lake of fire?
Mom: I don't think so. (But he has before, maybe he would again, who knows?)
Emery: How long will the people in hell have to be there? Until they become Christians?
Mom: They have to be there forever. Once you die then you don't get another chance to be a Christian. That's why it's important to choose to follow Jesus while you're alive.
Emery: Didn't say anything but became very serious in her expression and quietly went back to eating. I guess that was a sobering thought even for a 3 year old.

No comments: