Monday, October 12, 2009

Proverbs 28:13

As we start getting closer to the end of the year, it is one of my favorite times of the year. I love to review our goals and see how God has grown us as a family this year. It is so rewarding to pause and reflect on the past year and see God's faithfulness in action. So for the last few months of this year, I will start reviewing some of our goals from the beginning of the year. One of the things we wanted to implement was a family Bible time with all the kids now that Emery is old enough including memorizing verses.

Now I know that the number of verses my kids memorize does not make me a good parent or make my kids good kids. I do not hold this as a badge of honor or spiritual maturity. But I do want to give my kids a gift, one of the most important and enduring gifts I can ever give them, the power of God's Word in their hearts for the rest of their lives.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

The little ones have finished their latest - Proverbs 28:13 - He who hides his sin will not do well but he who confesses and turns away from them, shall find compassion.

We started systematically memorizing in January with Ephesians 6:1-3. And now, they have finished 15 passages, including 20 verses. We review them all almost every night. It has become such a regular part of life that when we miss our Bible time and verses, life feels strange and incomplete.

It is amazing to see them memorizing so much. God has been so good to us.

Here's Emery.

And Matt's got it too. If you're wondering about Andrew and his verses, his update is coming.

No comments: