Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Home again

Unexpectedly, I had to fly out to CA for my grandmother's funeral. She was well into her 90's and her health had been declining so it wasn't a shock. Nevertheless, it was a sad parting. I have many, many fond memories of her when I was a child. She was always such a happy person who loved her grandkids and laughed a lot with us. I think I was one of those annoying little kids growing up (am I still?), but she never seemed to let that bother her.

A pleasant surprise was reconnecting with my cousins who had all come together from different parts of southern California and places as far away as Vermont and Massachusetts. I hope we can stay better connected in the future.

I made it a point to make sure that my kids at least got a picture with their great grandmother before she past away. It's too bad that they never got to know her like I did, but at least they got to meet her.Here is grandma with Emery at 7 months.With Matt at 5 months.And with Andrew at 3 yrs. I took Andrew out with me to CA for this trip, and he managed to have some fun out there too.We went to the beach as his grandparents just moved to a place 5 minutes from the beach. I could be wrong, but I think he likes the beach.

No comments: