Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3rd Quarter Update

Can you believe it's fall already? I'm loving the crisp and cool mornings. I'm surprised at how warm the days still are here in ABQ though. It's still pretty hot! But I'll take it. I don't enjoy winter. As October came, so did my 3rd quarter update. Click here to catch the past one.

1. Read through the Bible
  • I'm about to finish Jeremiah. I know a lot of people don't love Jeremiah, but I have been really blessed to meditate upon God's love and forgiveness and grace even when the Israelites were in the midst of horrendous idolatry that caused the destruction of Jerusalem and the exile to Babylon. Despite all of the sin and evil and wickedness, God was ready to forgive if they would repent. He is so good.
  • I am a couple days behind on my reading schedule but I imagine I will finish on track this year. I am already considering increasing my reading schedule to maybe 2 times through the Bible next year and possibly more the year after that.
2. Memorize Philippians 1 & 2
  • I just completed up to 2:18 today and started working on the next section. 12 verses to go and about 12 weeks to go. I think I am on track. I need to get moving as I started preaching through Philippians last week. I want to memorize what I preach before I preach it.
3. Run the Duke City Half-Marathon in under 2 hours
  • So far so good. I'm 2 1/2 weeks away. I run my last long run of 13 miles on Saturday. According to my pace runs and extrapolations, I should finish in about 1:50 to 1:55. So we're right on track. I'm starting to get tired of running all the drills and exercises. I don't mind the running, but the sprints and fartlek type stuff is getting old.
4. Read 20 books
  • I managed to get ahead on this one. I think I did a lot of reading last month though I'm a bit behind on book summaries. I have 4 to do. I think I will easily finish my goal of 20 as I am at 18 now and am in process on several others. Wa-hoo! I have at least 1 goal where I'm ahead.

No comments: