Friday, October 19, 2012

Balloon Fiesta and the Ulrichs!

This year, I got to experience my first balloon fiesta with our good friends from CA, Frank & Eliza and our good friends from ABQ, the Freys. It was amazing!
I've never seen hot air balloons up close. Nor have I seen hundreds taking off either.
It started bright and early at about 6am or so with only a dozen or so. I guess they go up to test the weather conditions and wind levels at various heights in the sky. When the sky is dark, the gas burners light up the night sky.
After they were up, I guess conditions were good because as dawn came, balloons started going up.
And before you knew it, balloons were up left and right. It was hard to keep up with them.
It was amazing to see them fill the sky and practically be on top of you at the same time.
And at the same time, there were all sorts of crazy and funny shaped balloons too, like the Chesire Cat.
The creamland cow.
Hunny bees that smooched.
And my personal favorite - Darth Vader.
I even got video of the dark lord rising. He looked especially evil.
It was a great time to share with great friends. What? You didn't know Boba Fett was a great friend?

No comments: