Friday, August 3, 2012

2nd Quarter Update

For my 2012 goals, I started the year off great - click here for my 1st quarter update. I was ahead of schedule with 3 of my 4 goals! That never happens. But alas, after moving for the 2nd time in 8 months, my goals have been shattered. I'm even a month late with this update. It's a good thing my salvation and God's love for me is not based on achieving goals but on the perfect merit of Christ.

1. Read through the Bible
  • This goal is the only one that has remained steady all year. Despite the trips and the moving and the changing summer schedule, I love reading God's Word. Currently, I am in the Psalms. Always so refreshing, so comforting, so inspiring and so true.
2. Memorize Philippians 1 & 2
  • Thankfully, I was way ahead on this one earlier this year. Now, I'm about to fall behind. But I think I've weathered the chaos of the summer and am about to get into a groove as far as my schedule goes. I hope at least. I'm working on 2:9-11 right now with 19 more to go after that. This one is going to be close.
3. Run the Duke City Half-Marathon in under 2 hours
  • This one also got lost over the summer. But thankfully, my trip to Flagstaff and running at an even higher elevation saved me. I'm now right on tracking and have started my training. I've got my first long run tomorrow - just 5.5 miles. I'm starting to get excited about running this race.
4. Read 20 books
  • I didn't get too far on this one. I had high hopes this summer to do a lot more reading, especially on our trips. But I only managed to finish 4 books. I still have to write up a recap of my last one. Every evening lately has been spent putting up pictures or otherwise organizing the new house. But I think we've gotten the majority of pressing things done. In fact, the last few nights I've gotten back to reading some books. We'll see.
All in all, it was a humbling quarter. But these are good for me to renew my faith in the Gospel for my sanctification and to give me greater inspiration of God's glorious grace in my life. My identity is not in what I can do for God, but in what He already did for me in Christ. That is so freeing.

No comments: