Monday, January 23, 2012

Mozart

Mozart he is not. But I don't want him to spend his life trying to be either. As I mentioned earlier, Andrew is starting up his piano lessons again - mostly just reviewing his old lessons for now. He's learning to play sharps.

It's funny to me that our society has emphasized self-esteem so much that every child is supposed to be the next Mozart or Beethoven. I guess the people who push this have never been around the average kid. I, for example, was a pretty average kid but never became the next Itzhak Perlman or the Korean Magic Johnson as I had hoped. But that's ok because I became something better, a child of the most high God. Hopefully, the boys and girl will follow me as I follow Christ and will be proficient with music enough to serve God for His glory.

No comments: