Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Goals

The Lee Family Retreat is coming up in 3 weeks. It will be delayed a couple of weeks so that we can host my good friend Tim Petta this weekend. He's well worth it, and I am so thankful to spend some time with him this weekend.

But I wanted to put down in writing how last year's goals ended up (Click here to see my last update). So here goes:

Goal #1 - Read 16 books
  • I finished this goal half way through the year so the outcome wasn't a surprise. But I ended up with 26 which is a surprise. That's the most I've ever read! Praise God!
Goal #2 - Run the KC Half-Marathon in under 2 hours
  • I did this one in 1:57. Unfortunately, I've only run about twice since then! But I've started back on the path of health and discipline and am planning on running a marathon in 2011.
Goal #3 - Read through the Bible
  • It came down to the wire (Dec 30), but I did it.
Goal #4 - Memorize 12 new Bible passages
  • This one also came down to December, but it got done.
I didn't meet all my goals this year, but it was surprising how many I did meet. After the Lee Family Retreat, I plan on reflecting more on the past year and will post what some of my goals will be for 2011. It's an exciting time.

No comments: