Monday, January 10, 2011

Praising God for 13 years!


13 years ago today on a rainy evening, Peter and I, before God and man, entered the wonderful union called "marriage". We celebrated by having lunch at Yia Yia's in Wichita after dropping off the Pettas at the airport.
Marriage was created by God and our marriage has been sustained by God without a doubt. It is only by His grace that we have been married for as long as we have, and as happily as we have. It's been an adventurous 13 years and I thank God for the work He has done in each of us, through the instrument of the other person. Our relationship has always been one where God and His glory has been our pursuit. We spur each other on to grow in holiness as we love and encourage each other. Peter leads mostly by example, but he loves God and me enough to also gently and kindly point out areas in my life where I need to grow now and again and then actually HELPS me to grow in those very areas in very specific ways. What a wonderful spiritual leader!

I think I've mentioned this before, but this past year I found a list I made in HIGH SCHOOL of qualities I wanted in a future husband. It was an assignment in my senior year Bible class. We were studying the concept of a Biblical marriage. I had A LOT on my list (which can be a bad thing, by the way) and you know what? God gave me just about EVERYTHING I wanted from a man in Peter and then some! My greatest joy is that he has been the spiritual leader I always longed for and I'm so thankful for the blessing of Peter in my life the last 13 years and for the many years to come, God willing.
As a special treat, God granted us our first snowfall of the season on the eve of our anniversary. We woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of white covering the land. The kids of course HAD to get out in it. We'll have more pictures on that coming soon...

No comments: