Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Morning at the Lake


We got some families together from church and met at Lake Melvern, which is about 45 minutes from our house. When we first arrived there it was pretty much just us and a flock of geese. I wish I had gotten the camera out before they all flew off. They were all standing in a straight line at the edge of the water and simultaneously marched into the water. It was pretty fun to watch. I'm just realizing that the geese in this picture are very hard to see. Sorry.
We have been here once before but there was a lot more wildlife this time in the water than the last time, including crayfish. This one is dead. There were plenty of lives one though. Just ask Peter, they kept nipping at him in the water and running across his feet. Yuck.There were also minnows and tadpoles that the boys enjoyed trying to catch. Andrew asked if we could bring one home as a pet but thankfully I didn't have a container to bring it home in. I also think it may be illegal.
They had a nice time playing with friends. I love watching them build relationships with their peers.

No comments: