Friday, August 27, 2010

Jesus + nothing =

Everything. Tullian Tchividjian, Senior Pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church and grandson of Billy Graham, coined that phrase. Jesus + nothing = everything. Simple yet profound. If we add anything to Jesus, the result is nothing. We lose everything.

Pastor Rick Holland said, "If you're struggling in your Christ-life [Christian life], it's likely that you're focusing on making Jesus a part of your life instead of the point of your life." If He's the point of your life, then all you have is Jesus. And that's everything. If He's just a part of your life, then what do you have? Nothing. Jesus + something = nothing.

What's the equation of your life? At times, I feel like the latter is more true of me than the former. But as He strips more and more away from me by His loving grace, I am getting closer and closer to nothing...which gives me everything.

No comments: