Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fatherly pride

So last Sunday, I finished teaching a class at church. It just so happens to be a parenting class. I was talking to some folks after the class when my wife walked in to advise me that our first born, pride and joy, had just eaten a bug.When I asked him why he ate the bug, he said, "We found some dead bugs in the church. We had made a dead bug club so I just decided to do it. I was going to eat the spider, but he was yellow and looked poisonous. So I got a beetle instead because it wasn't poisonous. I washed it. Then I put it in my mouth and it didn't taste that good so I drank some water with it."

He told Sandy earlier that, "It didn't taste like anything, but it didn't feel good in between my teeth."

Thank God he washed the bug before he ate it! See, now that's some good parenting right there. I am here to answer any and all parenting questions...and some day you too, could learn the parenting secrets to having your children cleaning their bugs before they eat them.

No comments: