Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's day

This is a late Mother's Day post. We took it easy on Mother's Day. I had to get to church early so Andrew took care of breakfast - eggs benedict and fresh squeezed OJ - ha! Not quite. But the boys and girl all made lunch and dinner with a little help from me so mom could relax.We also made mom our traditional Mother's Day card / book. Andrew did the cover page. I'm not sure why our family is being robbed by a gunman and a pirate. But at least the pirate is happy.This is the first year Emery could write her name and draw something! She drew dots and circles last year.Matt did this page. Matt wrote, "Thanks for playing baseball." He and mom have "baseball camp" in the mornings.Andrew wrote mom his first poem ever! I'm not sure if Robert Frost started out this rough, but hey, I'm proud of him for trying.

And on a separate note, I am very proud of Sandy for giving her first message to a large group of women. She taught about the "Secrets of Submission" at our last women's ministry event - Women Equipping Women. If you want to listen, click here and enjoy! The boys and girl are blessed to have a great mom who teaches them God's Word and the ladies of our church!

1 comment:

Oikosdespot said...

I was cracking up so much!!! Thanks for posting it and sharing with us. I hope I get such cards on mother's day in the future. :)