Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mute

After a relatively healthy winter, I have finally succumbed to the Kansas germs. I came down with a sore throat last week. I managed to keep it together, by the grace of God, long enough to finish preaching last Sunday. But after that, I have been pretty much mute. Although my ears work fine, I was surprised at how no one feels comfortable talking with me. It's amazing how talking facilitates listening.

I tried to fight through it this week and keep working, but finally, an older, wiser man advised me to just stay home and get better! I listened and stayed home...

But who can rest in our house?!

In any case, while I've been trying to rest, the boys and girl have been up to no good. As I was filming, I had the sneaking suspicion that something really bad was about to happen, but thankfully, my spider senses were off...just like my health.

No comments: