Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks to my hard working wife, we had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I am still recovering so all I managed to do was lay there and rest. But Sandy, the boys and the girl cooked and cleaned. One person did more than the other 3. Take a wild guess who that might be?It wasn't him.That's right. It was her. I'm very proud of my wife for cooking her first ever turkey too. And it was DELICIOUS! She brined it the night before. If you don't know what that means, it basically means to moisten through the process of osmosis (for real!). It's similar to marinating. I just learned it yesterday.Sandy laid out quite the beautiful spread.The kids got all dressed up.I managed to get vertical for a moment and carved my very first turkey. Thank God for youtube. What can't you find instructions for on there?We had our friends over from church. The kids got their very own special table.It was such a fabulously good meal that it really knocked out Zephaniah!

No comments: