Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A new sermon

I didn't realize it's been quite so long since I last blogged. As you can imagine, moving, unpacking and setting things up have taken up most of my time outside of church ministry. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out how to get our desktop connected to the internet to get back to blogging regularly again. But I'm close and I promise to post up pictures of our new house and thoughts about our new home soon enough.

In any case, last night we met with a couple for premarital counseling. While Sandy and I were talking with the young man and woman, the boys and girl were playing by themselves. Usually, they do Legos or Hero Factory or some other pretend world. But for some reason, Matt decided to write a sermon.

The translation (when correct spelling and proper punctuation are applied) goes something like this:
"We have to obey him and serve him. Who is stronger than him or Him? Him. This is Satan and this is God. Psalm 105:1 It says, 'O give thanks unto the Lord, call upon His name. Make known his deeds among [the people].' Now think. Followed by: Let us close in a word of prayer. 'Dear heavenly Father, please help me honor you in our works and to glorify You. Amen!'"

He's never done something like this before. I hope these words truly reflect his heart.

No comments: