Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Andrew just turned 10 today! I'm not sure how that happened. Is that how every parent feels? We entered a new world today - the video game world. The grandparents and everyone in our family all chipped in to get Andrew a Nintendo DSi. He's been wanting one for at least a year. I've held off on this as I've wanted to make sure that Andrew doesn't entertain himself to death nor will he worship the idol of a fantasy world of fun. I think he's old enough for us to talk through this with him and guide him through this new responsibility.
At times, I am amazed at how biblical knowledgeable he is and how biblically mature his thought process is. He understands so much about the heart and idolatry. He can even apply it sometimes too! But at other times, he's just an innocent little kid too. Happy to play basketball, Star Wars, Lego's, and re-create any story, book or movie he sees with his brother and sister in tow. He's still my goofy little guy who's always trying to tell jokes and be funny.
Andrew has always responded to gifts with great emotion. I can still remember when he was 2 years-old, he couldn't contain himself with joy upon receiving Christmas toys. I hope he maintains his enthusiasm for life but always gains the most joy from the Giver of all gifts. Happy birthday buddy.

No comments: