Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm on a roll...

First, the sump pump, now? The wireless router. I'm definitely NOT a techie. I think I'm the last generation before the cell phone and the lap top took hold. I still use a flip phone, and I plan on keeping my desk top for 10 years, at least. But as the boys and girl have grown, they have started using the computer a little. But 3 others using the internet with Sandy and me, has crowded us out a bit.

So I've been on the lookout for a new lap top for over a year. I wanted to get a real basic one for super cheap. A 15 inch Acer went on sale this week at Staples for $200 off. It's got better specs than my desk top and was only $300. But then I was faced with the dilemma, how do I get the wireless router to set up a wireless network?Thanks to Google, I figured out how to get it running.And ta-dah! We now have a working lap top connected to the internet. I didn't even need to call any of my techie friends! 2 big accomplishments in 1 week. What's next? Should I cook something or work on the car?

No comments: