Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3rd Quarter Update

Can you believe it's already October? Time is flying by, especially as I try and pack up this house in the next 3 weeks! It's time for my last quarter update before the end of the year. To read the last update on my annual goals, click here.

Goal #1 - Read through the Bible twice
  • I'm still on pace. I just finished the Psalms. Man, they are good. So raw, so real, such deep struggles. But in the end, where else can we turn? Who else can we trust? Hope in God. Wait for the Lord. Be strong.
Goal #2 - Memorize Titus
  • I just finished up to 3:7. It's been getting hard lately. Memorizing has been a bit of a grind lately. I've been exhorting Andrew a lot lately to discipline himself for the purpose of godliness. I need to heed my own exhortation.
Goal #3 - Run the KC Marathon in under 4 hours
  • It's official. This goal is tanked. At least, I can console myself that the move to ABQ made this goal unreasonable. Plus, I will be able to train in the high altitude and temperate climate of ABQ for next year...I hope.
Goal #4 - Read 24 books
  • I was struggling with this one last quarter. Thankfully, mixing up the reading diet really helped a lot. I read a bunch of history, fiction and biography which was a very enjoyable breeze. I loved the military history and the leadership book too. I'm realizing that these are some of my hobby topics. And after going through them, it is making the staple of my reading diet - Christian living and ministry books - much more enjoyable and rich. I'm actually ahead of schedule now with 21 done.
This is one of the most enjoyable times of the year for me. I'm headed down the home stretch with my goals, the end is in sight. I am starting to savor the accomplishments of the year and am beginning to anticipate some new goals for next year. Exciting!

No comments: