Monday, April 18, 2011

Quarterly update

It just hit me that I am WAY past Apr 1 and my quarterly update! Apparently, I'm in a fog. Thankfully, my disciplines are not. The year has been going well so far (for a list of my original post and 2011 goals click here)

Goal #1 - Read through the Bible twice
  • I'm in Isaiah right now and am on pace. It took a little bit of time to get used to reading 7 or so chapters a day, but now I'm used to it. It's been a lot of fun to move so fast through books and get the big picture view of things. It's crazy to think that I'll be done with the Bible by July.
Goal #2 - Memorize the book of Titus
  • I'm a little late in getting to this one. I wanted to finish off memorizing my last 3 Scripture passages to make it to 100 (I number my Scripture memory passages. I know, it's weird. Everybody makes fun of me for it, but hey, it's me.) before I started Titus. But now I am on 1:7. I think I'm on track. It's been coming back to me quickly.
Goal #3 - Run the KC Marathon in 4 hours
  • I doubt this one is going to happen. I thought I could train for it like I did the half-marathon. But after some research, I found out that apparently, that won't do! I probably will try to finish it in 5 hours as a more realistic goal. Right now I am running 4 miles at about a 9:30 pace. Not too bad but the marathon training starts now for the next 6 months. Am I ready for this?!?!
Goal #4 - Read 24 books
  • I just finished 8 books. I'm on pace, averaging 2 a month. It's a good pace. It keeps me moving without making feel pressured. You can see what I've read in the sidebar to the right - a lot of variety. Some deep thinking, some not so much!
Praise God for His grace to help me discipline myself for the purpose of godliness. It's been a lot of fun to set goals and track my progress.

No comments: