Sunday, February 6, 2011

Proverbs 3:5-6

I've heard many people say that kids can memorize things very easily. And I've believed that for years. But as I've worked on training my kids to memorize, I'm starting to disagree with that sentiment. While it is true that many kids memorize things fairly quickly, they also forget things very quickly too. Or at least my kids do. Maybe they are the exception. :)

We spend so much time reviewing our verses for the simple fact that if we don't, Matt and Emery forget them (Andrew does it on his own now). Hopefully, not only will they continue to remember God's Word for the rest of their lives, they will have formed the discipline to memorize and review God's Word for the rest of their lives.

I typically post the kids on the blog once they've memorized the verses. But I thought it would be cute to show the process over a few days of trying to get it down. Sometimes they think they're ready just a tad before they really are.

Here's take 1.

Take 2.

And here he got it! To be fair, he has been memorizing A LOT of Awana verses. So he has had a lot of new verses running through his head. I've tried to slow down on our family verses for his sake.

Emery has not had as many Awana verses to memorize since she is in Cubbies (the youngest club) so she jumped ahead to Prov 14:16 - A wise man is cautious and turns away from evil. But a fool is arrogant and careless.

No comments: