Monday, April 5, 2010

Quarterly Update

We've completed the first quarter of 2010, and I thought it might be good for me to keep regular track of my 2010 goals (for the original post click here). These are not all of my goals - I have a few other personal goals, goals as a husband, goals as a father and goals for the boys and girl. I know, way too many goals.

But I think goals are good as a means to disciplining myself for the purpose of godliness. If I don't meet them all, which is common, it's not a big deal. So here's how I'm doing so far in my 2010 goals as posted in the column to the right:

Goal #1 - Read 16 books
  • So far, I've read 7! Way ahead of schedule. I'm close to finishing 2 more. It's been a lot of fun and very helpful. I think I am really improving in my discipline of reading and reaping a lot of benefit from it. You can see to the right what I am reading and what I have finished so far. I enjoyed all of them as well as the diversity.

Goal #2 - Run the KC half-marathon in under 2 hours

  • I just ran 3 miles at an 8:52 pace. I need to run 13 miles at under a 9:00 pace. The race is in October so I think I'm doing ok. I'll really start training about 3 months prior. I just want to get in shape right now so 3-4 miles at an under 9 min pace is right on track.

Goal #3 - Read through the Bible

  • I just finished 1 Samuel and am in the middle of Luke. I am 11 days ahead of schedule - got to give myself some sick days just in case. Considering we went on vacation 2 months ago and I got sick for 3 weeks+, I feel really good about where I'm at. My reading has been fresh and fun so far. I love the plan and the pace.

Goal #4 - Memorize 12 new Bible passages

  • This is where I'm behind. I've only memorized 2 new passages as you can see on the right. I'm having trouble with Habakkuk 3:16-19 too. Not being able to talk for 3 weeks really hurt me as I memorize out loud. But Lord willing, I'll catch up in the summer. I have been planning on memorizing some smaller passages as it is too difficult for me to memorize such large chunks of Scripture and also keep maintaining my previous verses. I've got to get on the ball a bit more with this one.

No comments: