Saturday, April 3, 2010

Garden of Emporia

It's not quite the Garden of Eden...yet. But we spent the day, transforming our front bed into the start of something beautiful - we hope. This is how we started the day. I know, you can't get much worse than this. So thankfully, anything we try is bound to be an improvement!We went to a very nice greenhouse about an hour away from here and loaded up on shrubs, bushes and all sorts of perennials. Thanks to my very own in-house landscape designer we got all the right plants for our climate zone, sun exposure and space. Not only does she research and purchase, she also amends the soil and puts the plants in the ground! What can't she do?!Ta-dah! I know it's not that impressive now, but imagine what it will look like in 2-3 years! Trust me, it will be fabulous...Lord willing. And if it's not, I think the guy who dug the holes used a bad shovel.

No comments: