Thursday, May 17, 2012

2 wheels

We took off the training wheels 8 months ago and tried to see if Emery was ready to ride on 2 wheels. She wasn't. Click here for that story. Well, for the last few months, Emery's been getting that 2 wheel feeling again. She's been asking for a few months. Since she's turning 6 in just 2 months and seems to pedal furiously well on 4 wheels, I thought, "Hey - why not?!"
Today I remembered "Why we didn't try again for the last 8 months." Different day, same result. For whatever reason, Emery can't seem to stay upright on the bike. Once the boys got moving, they were fine on the bike. But for the girl, every moment she is on the brink of wiping out! I caught her about 10 times just before she crashed before I got too tired, and we called it a day.
Give it some time but around the 30 second mark you can see us getting closer. She would slowly start drifting over to one side or the other and then, BAM, the next thing you know she was going down unless I caught her. I'm running like a crazy man behind her.

No comments: