Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tornado

Last night, I was at church preparing for my sermon today. I like to go to church on Sat night before I preach to practice and pray. When I was wrapping up, I heard sirens. For those of you not from KS, when a tornado has touched down in the county, the sirens go off. I immediately stopped what I was doing and called home to check on Sandy and the kids. They were fine and in the basement. Then I wondered if I should go home to be with them or if I should stay there and hunker down. I went outside and this is what I saw.
2 trees and some grass. No - if you look super close and if you can click on the picture and zoom in on it, look to the left and slightly above the tree in the center of the picture. There's a very faint funnel cloud. In real life, it was HUGE and looked like it could have started coming right to me.

This was my very first time ever seeing a tornado. It was very humbling. I felt very small. God's power is a lot more vivid here in KS. He is truly awesome and fearful. It is good to know that because of the grace of God through the blood of Christ, that God is for me and not against me.

No comments: