Monday, September 14, 2009

#15 - The Silmarillion

Well, I finished The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien the other day. It was my first fiction book in a while. Unfortunately, it read more like a history book for the first 200 pages. It might have been somewhat worthwhile if it truly was history...but it was PRETEND! So I was disappointed to say the least. But the last 100 pages was a lot more fun and provided the back story to The Lord of the Rings that I was hoping to read about.

But this marks the completion of my goal for this year - to read 12 books (specifically 12 certain types of books - see my previous post in January). By the grace of God, I have met my goal (see sidebar for the complete list) and exceeded it by reading 3 other books and it's only mid-Sept!

I will continue to read. There are still many books on my "to read" list / shelf. I think all this reading has benefited me, but I'm not sure if it has helped my writing much! But I'm starting to enjoy reading more, and I think it helps me think more clearly. We can only hope...

No comments: