Saturday, August 22, 2009

Soccer

Andrew started his 2nd year of soccer. I'm not exactly sure how to gauge his soccer skill as I've never played soccer, hardly ever watched soccer, and pretty much know nothing about soccer. But I think he's having fun.He knows how to do the pre-game huddle.He looks confident playing defense next to his coach.

I like his tenacity on defense!

Now don't blink on this one. I was sleeping behind the camera and caught Andrew's goal just as it was going in. So this is Andrew's post-goal celebration - running off to the right!

And on a separate note, we had quite the funny dinner conversation yesterday:
  • Andrew: When I go to college will I live at home?
  • Peter: Well, if you go to Emporia State or Flint Hills Technical college you will live at home, but if you go to Kansas University then you will have to live there.
(We got two responses immediately.)
  • Andrew: Woo hoo! I'm going to KU!
  • Matt: I'm going to Emporia State. I want to stay here.
  • Emery: Had to think for a moment and then said, "mmmm....I think I'll go to KU"
(Peter asked if she was sure she wanted to do that because then she'd have to live somewhere else.)
  • Emery: Yup, KU.
(We ate for a little bit and then Andrew had a thought.)
  • Andrew: Will they feed me breakfast?! Or will I have to take my own milk and box of cereal? Because I could do that.
(He wasn't worried about the other two meals of the day but he was very concerned about getting a breakfast there.)
  • Peter: Yes, I'm going to pay for your breakfast, lunch and dinner in college but if you want snacks you're going to have to get a job.
  • Andrew: I know what I'll do for a job. I'll take care of peoples' plants. Mom can teach me how.

No comments: