Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Antibiotics

Is it possible to take antibiotics too much? We're going to find out. After seeing the doctor again on Monday, I'm on round 2 of amoxicillin (round 1 was in Dec). Sandy started up a Z-pack (another type of antibiotics). And Matt's been on antibiotics due to an ear infection. But he started up a whole body rash today so he's no longer on antibiotics. Can we just take antibiotics all winter?

I realized that so far this winter - starting in mid-Oct - that I have been sick more than I have been healthy (about 2/3 sick and 1/3 healthy). I think I am officially tired of winter. But it has helped me appreciate 2 Cor 12:9 and 10, "My grace is sufficient for you for power is perfected in weakness. Most gladly therefore, I would rather boast about my weaknesses that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties for Christ's sake for when I am weak, then I am strong." Consider this my boasting about one of my many weaknesses.

But through the health issues, the boys and girl keep plugging away with their verses.

No comments: