Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Melting

It's about 107 degrees in Southern California right now. And I feel like I'm melting literally. But there's a better kind of melting that I'm trying to pursue. Jermiah Burroughs writes this, "A gracious heart [a Christian] is contented by the melting of his will and desires into God's will and desires...This too is a mystery to a carnal heart...[the Christian] comes to have his desires satisfied though he does not obtain the thing that he desired before; still he comes to be satisfied with this, because he makes his will to be at one with God's will. This is a small degree higher than submitting to the will of God...that whatever God's will is, I do not only see good reason to submit to it, but God's will is my will."

As everything we own is in boxes at this moment and nothing is "normal," I have found that my will and God's will are often far apart. But by His grace, I hope to melt my will into His so that everything He wills becomes my desire.

No comments: