Friday, July 31, 2015

Lincoln, Korean & MLK

The National Mall has got to be one of the coolest places in the country.
It was a lot of walking in the hot, humid heat of DC, but it's such a rich place.
I think I'm like every other male who has at one time or another wondered - what would it be like to jump in the reflecting pool?
The Lincoln Memorial is so grand.
Looking good!
The Korean Memorial is an impressive place. I love that truth - Freedom is not free.
On this trip, it really hit me how personal the sacrifices of the Korean War veterans were to my life. If they had not sacrificed their lives, my grandparents and parents would have had a very different life. Same with Sandy's family. We would likely not be in America today and God only knows what our situation would have been. The providence of God moves in amazingly complex ways over generations and nations to produce every single life for His glory and our good.
We also saw the newly made MLK Memorial.
There's the Washington Monument again.
May we stand for truth and justice with courage in the face of any adversity.

No comments: