Sunday, August 17, 2014

Redwoods

I don't think I ever saw the Redwoods as a kid myself. They are something to behold.
We went to Jedidiah Smith State Park in Crescent City, CA. I know there are other locations with redwoods, and I imagine that they are all worth visiting.
We went for a hike through the woods for a couple of hours. I wish we could have hiked all day. It was amazing.
Pictures simply cannot convey the grandeur and majesty of these immense trees.
I felt so small and insignificant while these trees just screamed that God is great and glorious and magnificent! His creation truly does testify to God's "eternal power and divine nature" (Rom 1:20). It was breathtaking and awesome.
Our efforts to achieve anything in this world without God's grace are comical.
What a day!
And I didn't forget about mom. She usually takes the pictures, but occasionally she gets to have some fun too.

No comments: