Thursday, January 16, 2014

Andrew 2013 Part 2

In reviewing Andrew's last year, I forgot to add a couple of other notable firsts.
His first IV was very notable. In fact, it was more dramatic than his first surgery. It was also coupled with his first ambulance ride which was quite pleasant for him...and expensive for me.
We also had our first father son overnight. We did Family Life's Passport to Purity "weekend" and I thought it was a great time together and very appropriate purity discussion. Andrew mostly liked it for the food - Long John Silver's. But I think he benefited from the experience too. Hopefully, it will be the first of many annual father son overnights.
As the boys and girl can attest, I'm usually a pretty serious dad. But Andrew can occasionally bring out my goofy side.

No comments: