Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The new office

I am and have always been an office guy. That is, I love a good office. A quiet place where I can put everything in order - all of my plans, schedules, goals and books. Being an administrative, organizational freak, my office is my haven. So not having one for the last 9 months has been a great opportunity to trust in the Lord's good timing and wisdom. Here's a quick recap of how I began and where I am now.
When I first arrived here in ABQ, we needed to decide what space would become my office. This was the best choice - believe it or not!
I appreciated this sign most of all. Did they leave it for me on purpose?
It had a really new lighting concept - horizontal ground floor. I don't think I've ever seen that before. And the curtain was really fancy too!
But then demolition occurred. Just like that, we're starting from scratch.
Then things started going in, not just coming out. I started to get excited then.
Strangely, we went to lights in the ceiling. I guess this is better for reading. We're getting closer. Guess who's pretty excited at this point? That would be me.
What a difference carpet and paint make!
I moved in a few weeks ago. I'm not totally settled as I need to put things up on the wall and get some more furniture for a meeting area. But I'm in!!! I can't thank everyone who was involved enough. So many servants of the Lord helped out in many, many ways. God is good.
And the highlight of my new office is "The Library!" This is a little alcove to the left of the office. I never knew I had so many books!

No comments: