Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring program

Andrew's school had their spring program for 4th-6th graders. Here he is relaxed, smiling and notice his tie - the length is ok, right? It's a little short, but it's in the ballpark of acceptable. This was before the program started.

His class went on first. They recited a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Did you notice his tie? I don't think it shrunk. His torso is so long and his hips are so narrow that his pants slipped down.

Then they played a couple of songs on the recorder. Andrew started off one handed. I asked him why? His response? The song starts off pretty easy so I didn't need to use 2 hands.

After that, the combined grades performed a play about George Muller. Andrew was part of the choir. The whole night he never cracked a smile. He's usually pretty jovial even up on stage, but he got pretty nervous. After it was done, he said, "I was so nervous I was sweating! My back got all sticky." He and all the other kids did a great job.

No comments: