Friday, June 17, 2011

The wind!

Last night, we had some strong wind and storms. I tried to sleep through it, but the banging and crashing of everything was too much. Do you think I'm exaggerating?! Our grill was literally blown over, gas canister and all! I even put bricks on top of the grill to keep the cover on. You'd think after 3 years we'd be used to this, but there's always something new and surprising...Thankfully, our plants weren't uprooted and blown away. Our Hollyhocks are in full bloom now which is neat. I guess they bloom every other year.Our Delphinium plants are blooming too. We keep trying different ways to keep them upright. We've had a few plants literally snap in half due to the wind.Sandy has done a great job designing and caring for our little flower bed. Although the plants aren't fully grown yet, I think it's coming along nicely.

No comments: