Thursday, May 21, 2009

Schools out!


Wahoo! Today was the last day of school. Andrew woke up and came into the kitchen saying, "I'm FREE! I'm FREE! Today is the last day of school!" We celebrated by going to McDonalds for lunch.
Speaking of funny things Andrew says:
-Also this morning he told me that his classmates wanted him to come to their house for playdates this summer. I told him that would be fine and to just have their parents call me to set it up. I also informed him that their parents could find our phone number in the phone book. His response was, "We're in the KS phonebook?! Even though we've only lived in KS for a little while?" I said, "yup." Andrew then asked, "Does that mean we're SPECIAL?!" I said, "Nope, it just means... we live here."
-Yesterday morning...
Andrew: Mom, can you sign me up for the NBA? I've decided that's what I want to do when I grow up.
Mom:Um, they don't allow you to just sign up. You have to be asked to play in the NBA.
Andrew: But how will they find me?
Mom: There are people called scouts and they look all over the country for the best players in college and high school to ask them to play in the NBA. So you gotta practice real hard if you want them to ask you to play there.
Andrew: With confidence "Oh, OK, I will."

No comments: