Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today was our 11th wedding anniversary. Through the kindness of some friends who babysat the boys and girl, we went out to eat dinner.We talked a lot about our memories both challenging and encouraging. And we came to the conclusion that what we appreciate most about our marriage is how God has used our marriage to sanctify each of us. When I think back at how selfish, prideful, immature and horribly sinful I was when we were first married, it is both humbling to appreciate that Sandy loved me despite myself and to give God the glory that He has changed me so much. Not that I have arrived by any means. I am sure I will look back in 11 more years and think that I was so selfish, prideful, immature and horribly sinful too! But it is good to look back every now and again and praise God for His faithfulness to change me by His grace. God is too good.I wish I had our wedding pics scanned in, but not as of yet. But a friend took some pictures of us at our 10 yr at the same place where we took our wedding pictures. And yes, that is Sandy's wedding dress. And yes, she didn't want to, but I made her. Isn't she a good wife?!

No comments: